Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi/Desert Soldier Character W.I.P

paulsvoboda
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
After learning quite a bit from my previous character model, I decided to start another. I set a goal for myself to make it under 6000 tris.
Right now it is sitting at just over 6000 but I still see quite a bit that I can get rid of with normal maps.
I drew up the concept idea and started modeling it and have now gone on to do a first texture pass on the head (I still am going to work on the textures - just wanted to get a general idea in the direction I want to go in). The texture is basically meant to give him a desert type planet feel.

Any critique, comments or help would be greatly appreciated - I'm basically looking for comments on the concept, modeling; anything really.
Thanks.
Picture2-1.jpg
Picture1-2.jpg
4.jpg
baked2.jpg

Replies

• paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been really busy the past week and have not had much free time to work on this (which is good because I still would like some critique :) - not to sound like an idiot)...I am having some trouble with texturing and am wondering If any of you guys know some helpful metal texturing tutorials? If so, it would be a huge help.
    I understand that the character is not the best but I still have a lot of time to improve and look forward to it. Thanks.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man, perhaps you are not getting the response you would like because you haven't given us much to work with here. At this stage, I have no idea what you are trying to do, other than make a desert person of some sort. Please post some concept art, or at least images of things you are using as reference (I hope you are using references!) so you can get some good crits.
    Here is the best metal tutorial ON EARTH! :)
    http://www.game-artist.net/forums/spotlight-articles/42-tutorial-hard-surface-texture-painting.html
  • paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much for that tutorial Brad - I will post more work up here as I continue and try to provide some of the references I am using.
    Thanks a lot once again for the tutorial