Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Renovation Gym

this is my personal project I am working on right now. C&C are more than welcome.:thumbup:

3421784255_c648cb3978_o.jpg
3421784175_8bfcf9f41b_o.jpg

Replies

• Luke_Starkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    Looks awesome :) I dont have any crit.
  • Michael_Seng
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ~ Thanks Luke =]

and here is my new update. got some more of the roof done.

3475685067_c9dee20668_o.jpg
  • rossco1111
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks excellent.

only comment would be to move the plank leaning on the workbench in the centre, it kinda draws the eye too much where it is - at least from this particular angle
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    yeah, looks very good to me.

For now i just feel bothered by window refletion on the left side of the image. It sort of takes too much attention.
  • Thewiruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thewiruz polycounter lvl 16
    looks really nice,Maybe you can post the maps also?
  • tda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tda polycounter lvl 16
    I really like this, one thing i would say though is why are the planks shiny? Wouldn't it make sense to wax/polish them after they are all laid, so you don't risk scratches and marks during construction? Kinda in line with Matroskin's comment.

Other than that, really nice to look at. Good stuff.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    nice stuff, would be interesting to get it in an engine.

personally i wouldnt make an environment with so many parallel hard edges for 360 or ps3 as the AA (or lack of) would make it a fizzy mess. frequency of detail can be quite important to keeping good image quality on these platforms, but you can counter some of this by using normal maps with far less hard edges as this will give smooth lines due to filtering.

anyway as a rendered peice you have no issues with this, any plans to get in engine?
  • Michael_Seng
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys thanks for the comments and crits.

rossco1111: thanks I Will place it to a better place so it won't draws too must attention.

Matroskin: Will turn it down a bit, and thanks for the job info that's very cool of you. =] will try and apply for sure.

thewiruz: sure thing, will do that the next time I update this post.

tda: LOL YOU GOT ME !!!! =P I know the plank are not supposed to be shiny when they first installed it, and it should be polish after every thing are done ... but I was afraid that the scene will be a little boring since the floor plank and the base plank have similar color ... will think about to try it with unpolish texture in the end I guess, hope to finish it sometime this week.

SHEPEIRO:
    To be honest I haven't have any plans to put it in engine ... but it sure would be interesting to see it in a engine ... don't have much experence ... but I've played with UT3 engine b4, so I just might do it if got time.

Will update soon hopefuly ... allergy is giveing me a hard time to focus LOL =P .

thanks guys

Mike
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    I love it. Very nice texturing there.

I should take notes for my own gym.

Can I see a close up of the chair wire frames? I've been failing at making nice ones for years. I've only done passable simple ones like you'd see in vice city, but they look like shit in a more detailed scene.

On a side note, I was looking at the wire frame of the first post while the textured version image was still loading. When it was done, it popped into place and replaced the wireframe version on my screen. I thought I was going crazy.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Mike, putting stuff in a functional game prototype helps to show that you're able to make real time game assets if you're into it. Also breakdown on lighting would be nice to see too.

For the scene itself, it'd be good to have a focal point as well though it's nicely composited.

The reflections off the floor however, seems a little course to the usual laminated floor, what are your settings on that?