Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Snow Hard Prototype 6

Hi guys!

I just wanted to show you a W.I.P from a game that we are doing. (in game art work)

The game is about a little girl that starts her own snowball gang and battles other gangs in East Side.

995f1e5094164b4c8a4e84e335b855c7_Main.jpg

b769487f54364f86b90bbc1aa503a844_0.jpg

ce8266acd2754c678a23cf67b7be79a2_2.jpg

You can download the current prototype of the game here (Windows).

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff, I like the style and colours. A game about snowball fights sounds fun too :)
  • Reep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks MoP!
    Snowball fights doesn't just sound fun - it is fun! We'll have an English speaking version out very soon but if you know a little bit of French you can enjoy the game right now.

Here is a comic we made that tells a little of the background story.

You can also download the current prototype of the game here (Windows).
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I suck at french (I actually don't speak it at all ><) but I'm downloading the game right now. Honestly the screenshots look awesome!

btw I read on your site that you did the engine yourselves. Did you do it on XNA?

dang, I lost after the huge green guy, it was pretty good though both in graphics and controlls. The aim is a bit off at some angles, but I'm pretty sure you guys already now that. It's a very promising little game :D
  • Reep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks t4paN!

Keep it up and you'll soon be up there on the score board. If you prefer English rather than French, we have made this comic that tells the intro story in English. We thought it would be cool to make our game in French since a small French magazine got interested in us (yes - we are suckers for attention :\)

We'll have an English version out in a month together with a new level and simply more stuff. Did you notice the moving clouds and the animated trees?

I almost forgot to mention that snowball throwing is pretty hard! (snowball throwing = three functions vs normal shooter = one ray casting) The aiming can not be better without always making the character face a compensating angle or make the character centered in the screen. But we are working on improving it. Thanks for the pointer - it is always helpful with opinions and comments!

And no we are not using XNA but our own framework, R3, around Ogre 3D and other platform independent technology. All programming is done in C++ and the scripting in Lua.

//Chris
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I've already read the comic mate :P I noticed the trees but not the clouds tbh. Anyway, keep it up and post updates, I'd love to play the rest of the levels and everything :D
  • Reep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, after reading my posts I noticed how repetitive I was... It would be good to know how to read before writing. Thanks for the patience guys - it really looked like I was stupid and acting like a parrot (to be completely honest, I didn't just look - I was).

//Christian
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Dude, don't be so harsh on yourself :P You posted the comic link twice, big deal. BTW I had no idea the Ogre engine could do things that look that good. How many programmers do you have on your team?