Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First character model

Here is my unfinished character model, I am a beginner, I really need feedback on my topology, edge flows and proportions of my character. Feel free to critique as much as you can.
Thank you

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I won't go into much details since this is your first model, but try to make the chest and back areas a bit less edge-loopy. Remove some edge rings because you got a lot of polygons that don't add to the silhuette there.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    You can kill some of the loops going around his stomach. its quite dense. Also the center of his chest down to his belly button is unneccasirly complicated. I can see you are trying to funnel the polys from his neck down into the torso. but you can do that all in the neck. also instead of funneling them together in the center you can turn outward to go around his neck in places. I cant really go into specific detail about each poly but just keep trying to refine it.

You can get the loops around his torso flatter from back to front, it will be easier to manage, just select a loop and try to scale it in the y axis. Its also good to remember you want to keep the polys fairly square, instead of rectangular. Its not hugely important but helps when subdividing.

keep going.

Sam