Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Industrial Fernace

Replies

• turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    There are a few things that I immediately noticed. You have a big seam showing on the bottom of the back piece, try to clone that out and avoid the butterfly effect you have going right above that seam with the rust.

The caution sign is really damaged but all the metal surrounding that sign looks undamaged and clean. Try messing with your spec map too to try and get some better highlights along the edges of your metal.
  • Dr Stench
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your normal map is screwed up (the line btween the plates/grills and the rest of the thing are not straight). Try baking your normal map on a subdivised version of the low poly without smooth UV's.

Check this 'webage of awe' for the know-how: http://wiki.polycount.net/Normal_Map
  • clayton_barton
    Great model, and a nice texture to go with it. Fix up that seem at the back, and maybe make the sign a little less worn looking and it'll be perfect.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not sure it doesn't say "furnace" to me. Maybe add some temperature gauges, some heating elements, red glow from the coils inside, right now it looks like some primitives with a flame warning on it. Throw some handles on them panels...they'd be hot to touch, right? It looks more like a water heater then a furnace. Throw some heat and burn marks on that baby, make us be able to tell that thing is getting hot. Right now we see some indescriminate rust and clean gray areas. Throw some colors around your rivets if those are rivets so they don't look like raised bumps.

Come on man, good start but push this baby!!! Make us feel that heat.
  • TravisAuerbeck
    Wow, thanks for the feedback guys ill be making all of those changes in a few days ill most definitly be reposting to get more critique...thanks for the quick responses:)
  • osman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    This is looking good. I think you should make the round screws look like its not a bump in the metal. I would add a bit darker outlines to them, and change the colour a bit. It kinda looks like itsa bulge on the metal. Hope that makes sense.
    EDIT: lol i just read dekards post, he said, but anyways:
    110.png