Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tank Girl?

Found another concept which I took a fancy too, by Dead Mellotron

http://gorillaartfare.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bfogunnercharacter_nq72.jpg

Only focusing on the top half at the moment, not sure if I'll bring in the legs, might just make it a bust type piece. Texturing to follow. Any thoughts?

wirep.jpg

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    I like it, and it's close to the concept (although the face could be a bit sharper - it's a bit too round right now, cheeks and chin wise) but I'm curious about the polycount. What is it about right now?

Anyway, good job, and I would love to see the bottom half as well if you feel like creating that too.

/edit also, I don't know if you're following the concept closely, but the helmet looks like and old school army tin helmet right now, while the concept has one of those kevlar ones. That's what I think anyway, it's not like I'm an expert on military stuff anyway :P
  • LucidTurnip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers, yeah your right about the face, the references I used had a much softer jaw and was a bit innocent looking which doesn't really work with the concept. The polycount is just around 8500 but there's a lot of unseen polys lurking round underneath the helmet and bands etc.

yeah the helmet was the only part of the concept i wasnt liking too much so i changed it to the classic m1 helmet, whether it works better im not sure.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Ah ok, it's good to know I picked some shit up from the army, heh. Yeah, if you make the chin and probably the nose a bit pointier it'll probably give it some extra sexy or something.. So, are you baking some of the detail on the straps and belt pieces on lower poly?
  • notebookguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the girl in a tank
  • Wheel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was expecting the "Tank Girl" that shags Kangaroos. Looking good so far. Maybe those straps would go around the breasts a little more