Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

kerchak

kerchak is my new character. i'll be working on him trying to improve my workflow and skills. i'm trying to improve my hi-poly skills (most of my work so far has been low poly) and i'm not going to worry so much about polycount as i usually do. this will also serve as a sort of wip/production blog.

i sketched him out a few days ago and today i had some time to start blocking him out.

rbrambila_kerchaksketch.jpg

he is an inbred monstrosity serving as an executioner of the human race in a future apocalyptic world.

rbrambila_kerchak_wip01.jpg

this is the blocking phase, which is incomplete. i'll spend more time on it tomorrow.

what i'd like most help on is concepting ideas for his clothing -- i know i want binding straps on his huge left arm and a leather mask covering his face, but i'm unsure about his lower area. i don't want to do pants because i feel it won't fit with the character and a mesh type cloth seems too generic. any other ideas for accessories would also be appreciated (i've got some weapon ideas right now as well... more on that later). thanks...

Replies