Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character and rig - WIP

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EmAr polycounter lvl 18
Hi people! We are working on an indie project with a coder friend of mine. The game will have a third person camera. This is the main character: the janitor. I modified the proportions of the low poly a little after I took the wireframe shots but I'm posting them so you can see the topology.

18pc.jpg
17pcx.jpg
16pc.jpg
19pc.jpg

I also started the rig/skeleton as I have very little knowledge about rigging in general. This screenshot is from Houdini:

20pc.jpg

Thanks a lot for looking :) Any comments and critique are more than welcome!

Replies

• Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    well... for one, the screen grab of the skeleton is almost useless, with the side/upper view just mixing in with the other screenshot. I have no Idea what is going on in that upper left corner.
    I'm no animator, but what you have seems like a start, but by no means finished.
    the mesh is pretty well done, but if that is your main character, he needs to be a bit more intersting (ie: more tools, suspenders, or spikes???) just to make the player want to follow some bald janitor around.
    I also think the tool pouch should have been made as a seperate object in order to add diversity with changes, and to make it more dynamic, not sure what will happen when he tries something like a split/kick/liftshislegupforsomereason... :)
  • dark0samurai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool, your workflow looks interesting :)

cant wait for the final result :)
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a lot for the comments. The rig changed a lot but still there is so much for me to learn about animation and rigging. Here's what the guy looks like now in-game(the environment and the gun do not belong to our project BTW):

janitortorque.jpg