Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

city stuff

I have to re-create this picture into a 3d model (school project):
29xjdpu.jpg
and I've got this much so far (The render could be grainy cuz I did it in maxwell, progressive renderers lol, I'm way too impatien):
yhusk.jpg
soo, anything i should add, change or remove?
thnx :D

Replies

• Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Add the foreground, it's what makes the composition work so well in the concept.
    Those lines on the bottom right feel like highways to me, with speeding vehicles.
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure how true you want to recreate it, but if your going for 1:1, your camera angle is off for one. The proportion and position of almost all the blocks is off by a bit, like the the block on colums, it's too wide and not long enough. Also if I'm not mistaken the columns+block and the rising airbridge in the foreground seem to be positioned further back from the camera, it looks "too close" in your view.

Good going mate, your almost there but with this concept work leaning so heavily on undetailed blocks, proportion and composition, that's where I would focus on.
  • Dr Stench
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not much to say yet. Check the location of the objects in the picture though. The location of your 3D objects are not completely the same. Look at the picture as if it's a 3D space. This is quite important.

Oh yeah, and ditch the buildings at the far background. They look really flat and 2D and doesn't add anything new to the scene. They are also not in the original picture. There's a landscape.
  • griffinax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal wrote: »
    Add the foreground, it's what makes the composition work so well in the concept.
    Those lines on the bottom right feel like highways to me, with speeding vehicles.
    Yeah, under the bridge might be the roads I suppose, and the right where there are loads of cubes placed, at first i thought would be an airport or something, couldn't figure out clearly :(
    Thnx, I'll try re-adjusting it.
    StJoris wrote: »
    Not sure how true you want to recreate it, but if your going for 1:1, your camera angle is off for one. The proportion and position of almost all the blocks is off by a bit, like the the block on colums, it's too wide and not long enough. Also if I'm not mistaken the columns+block and the rising airbridge in the foreground seem to be positioned further back from the camera, it looks "too close" in your view.

Good going mate, your almost there but with this concept work leaning so heavily on undetailed blocks, proportion and composition, that's where I would focus on.
    Yeah, it was kinda problematic for me at first just to set the camera and proportions, I'll keep working to make them right. About the bridge in the foreground and the building connecting it, agree with you on that too, I'll do some changes soon and post an update, Thanx :D
  • griffinax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dr Stench wrote: »
    Not much to say yet. Check the location of the objects in the picture though. The location of your 3D objects are not completely the same. Look at the picture as if it's a 3D space. This is quite important.

Oh yeah, and ditch the buildings at the far background. They look really flat and 2D and doesn't add anything new to the scene. They are also not in the original picture. There's a landscape.
    Will sure do, I was just trying to fill in the composition but think that just a bitmap on the back on a vertical plane should do the job.

As I said, keeping it exactly the same was a problem due to very rough sketch, but now that you point out, I see the problems, thnx :D
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    This will be really interesting to follow. I really dig the concept!
    How much time to you have to finish this school project?
  • griffinax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, its due tomorrow, although I just have to submit the model, but I was kinda hoping they gave me more time so I can completely build it up including textures and lighting. Already kinda short on time, haha.