Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] meat

Well Ensemble Studios has closed its doors and Halo Wars has finally shipped so I thought I would share my portfolio. www.badmeat.com

Looks best in IE and I think there are some viewing problems when using a mac. I also think I need to fix some of the quicktime movies so they stream.

Let me know what you think.

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    you have some awesome stuff man. if you're out of work due to the closing I'm sure you will find something soon.

best of luck.
  • penrod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penrod polycounter lvl 14
    Awesome work Pete! Some of the vids took pretty long though, and the home page button was located in a weird spot when I viewed it in firefox. Showed up fine in IE. Other than that everything was easy to navigate and looked great.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Quite an impressive range of work there. Seems like you've done pretty much everything from level design to environments, to vehicles, to character art to UI... and it's all good!

Solid stuff.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Great work, I remember playing your quake3 maps back in the days, and messing around with your textures for some of my own maps.
    Good luck with finding a new job!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome work.

I see you worked on the canned Halo MMO, any info you can give? Like why it looked so different to, well, Halo...?
  • meat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'm working on getting some of my Zbrush stuff up on my site in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

It's probably not a good idea for me to talk about any of the cancelled projects I have worked on. Sorry about that, all I can say is that it was a very interesting process :\
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    damn dude- thats quite the range of abilities- REALLY nice presentation aswell! I`ll be glad if I get my portfolio looking half as good when I re-do it here in a bit.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    ahh.. use of the dreaded term 'interesting' , the most over used safe word in our industry eh ? :)

Some REALLY great stuff across all disciplines, I hope you find somewhere that deserves you.
    Look forward to your Zbrush stuff
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Awesome folio man, great skillset and some really solid titles you have worked on. Seeing the old world is not enough pc screens made me remember how much i was looking forward to that game before it got canned.

with this amount of high caliber work Im sure you will net a job within a matter of days if you are looking for one.