Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: The Master Elite

Wort,

...after lurking around and observing the occasional post, I decided to go ahead and post some of my more recent works for commentary and critique.

This is one of my latest. I generally sketch in Paint.NET, but am also actively practicing in the 3D area with TrueSpace 7.6 and any opportunities to access zBrush/Mudbox that come my way.

download.php?id=134&mode=view

Replies

• wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    It helps to have a larger collection of work on display for crits, but from a quick look at this I'd say that you need to try and push for longer brush strokes-- right now most of your lines have a short, scratchy quality to them. Make sure you're working from the elbow and not the wrist for the longer lines. Also, is the leg on the left pushing forward or backwards? It reads like it's pushing forwards, and if that's the case then your bot would just be falling over backwards. The whole hip-pelvis connecting area seems pretty funky-- that part can certainly be tough tho. It looks like the legs are coming out of the front of the pelvis area instead of the sides, with the problem being that placement there would severely limit the range of movement. The human body is always good reference to look at because it possesses the optimal placement for joints and muscles.

Anyway, good stuff, and be sure to keep posting.
  • The Master Elite
    Wort.

Sounds good. Yeah I agree the legs look a bit out of place...as for the line problem, I'm not too sure how to go about that, hope its not because of my tablet size. I can certainly say its become a little bit of a habit, but shouldn't be hard to break if I figure out how to draw with longer strokes as you are suggesting.

I'll add more sketches as I make them later...keep up the crits/commentary.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    just focus on simplifying the lines, for this one it could just be something like making a new layer and drawing over them with bold swift lines. give it a shot! pay close attention to your line quality itself