Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zerk: Old Artwork

Hello.

I was working on a UT2k4 Weapon total conversion mod for UT3.

But I got hit buy a bad Virus witch caused me to loose it all except a few Renders I luckily had saved.

I have Bitmap formats but they are 2.25MB

Also I have more but this is not letting me put anymore on here,So I will later.

Thank you.

Shockrifle
cda3b88f.jpg

TargetPainter
648a1a25.jpg

Replies

• VikingJim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Zerk, welcome to PC.

The shock rifle seems a bit clunky and significantly lower rez than the target painter. No offence but its a tad boring in the barrel area. Adding some diagonal slits to dissapate the heat from the shot would be effective to add more visual interest while keeping the weapon consistant with its practical usage. If they are for the same project I would have their level of detail be more similar. Upping the res will help detail the somewhat basic shapes of the shock rifle.

The target painter, however, look pretty nice. Did you lose all wireframe screenys too? The barrel and fusion coil (?) areas really help to break up the silhouette and give you interesting shapes. Good detail on the handle bit. One thing I think looks odd is the recoil pad at the butt of the gun seems to just be floating there. If you give the interior side the same shape as the butt of the gun itself, it will sit more flush and be more believable as pieces connected, working together.

You said this is some old work, do you have any current projects that you are working on?

BY CROM!
    Jim
  • Zerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well Hello there VikingJim nice to meat you.

The shock rifle was actually My first one.

I must mention They are not My ways of modeling them in a way,I was creating them the way the Original Modeler made them,So what go's Go's.

Anyway I will try to remember,I'm not saying this is Exact but I think it was in the 300,000 Poly range? (Shockrifle)

The TargetPainter I was trying to go a bit further .

All of them were Never finished ether,I know it just sounds like I'm trying to look good but It's the truth.

Later I'll get to the Assault Rifle and LinkGun

More Shockrifle and TargetPainter Renders.

24d3766f.jpg

8f16ce8a.jpg

Here is a good example of Bad everything,So you know it's not done,I just got some Shaders slapped on there,But before I tweaked them I took this mental ray render,I like to to render often.

Painter-RS-90.jpg

Also I found an old WIP.
    Painter-1.jpg

Another ShockRifle view.
    ShockRifle-Clay-2.jpg

But no,I'm not working on anything at the moment,I've bean doing a bit of Photography the past week,But if I can think of something to Model I will.

Thank you.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    sucks to lose ur models so i hope you make back-ups of ur work in the future. Nice stuff but its a bit too sharp (boxy) for my taste. Welcome to Polycount!
  • Zerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks,I do have another HDD now to backup,Also like I said there are things about the Weapons I did not care for ether,But to respect the original creator, I made them as close as I could.

Linkgun

51061e7c.jpg

LinkGun-XQL-9-2.jpg
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    hah! neet.

cool stuff man, i like it.
  • Zerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks,here is another.

a7cae0c3.jpg

AssaultRifle-UT04-XTR-2.jpg

AssaultRifle-UT04-XTR-3.jpg
  • Zerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is and old Purple Dot sight I was working on about a month ago.

270a7671.jpg

And Here is a Mech foot I was also working on a month ago.

Image006.png
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    modeling execution is nice but the designs suck
  • Zerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks. I'm not a Modeler,I only play with it in my spare time.