Home Technical Talk

Actor X 3ds max Unreal 2004

I'm trying to get this plug-in to work but every time i got to save a mesh, it gives me a warning saying "No valid skin triangles digested (mesh may lack proper mapping or valid linkup)".

What do i need to do to get my meshes into unreal????

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I haven't seen that one before, but a pair of questions

a: are you sure you have triangulated your mesh? I don;t think actorx would auto-triangulate on export till later versions.

b: are you sure your mesh is bound to a skelton? if its not getting skin triangles, then there may not be a skin to begin with.
    If you're using physique, try the skin modifier instead.. some vague memory about physique possibly not being supported.
  • RawRanator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well ... My teacher failed to explain these things to me. All i need to do is get this building from max to unreal. It has no bones and no skin added to it ... since its just a building. And i have no idea what you mean by triangulated my mesh.

(btw, if your asking how come my teacher never went over this, its mostly due to the fact that his a web designer, not a game developer or game designer, or modeler, or animator ... anything at all with gaming, so more than likely, he doesn't know either)
  • RawRanator
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    you need to export it as an Ascii .ase file from File->Export selected