Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blade (Wesley Snipes)

For which Engine - Undecided
Current Polycount - 1 mill (HP)
Max Polycount - 10k Triangles
Texture Size - 1024/2048 (Undecided)
Description of background information on piece - I was watching blade two and gained inspiration from outfit and character.
Where are you looking to receive criticism - Design, workflow, texturing and LP modeling when applicable.

I am creating the high poly first using hard surface techniques for his cloths, before I take them into mudbox to add minor creases at stress points.

Outfit is a mixture from Blade films 2 and 3.

To confirm, finished model will be full character, not just bust.

Reference :

blade-final.jpg

Model

shot1.png

shot2.png

I'm trying to improve as much as possible now that I turned 18 a couple days back, in a whole new league now :(

Feedback and Crits, thank-you.

Replies

• A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    Your hair line is a little off in the back. If you look at the ref (left most pic) it has a smooth transition and there is a little patch of hair shaved away leaving a little patch underneath.

Armor/Clothing need work as you said. Your back on your character is really straight. Even while someone stand erect, their back will still have some arc to it.

You planning to make his sword as well. Maybe even guns? His overcoat that he wears a lot?

Overall good start. Especially for someone your age. It's a good thing to start now and really hone your skills if this is what you want to do for your life.
  • VikingJim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not a bad start. The ref pic you have should lend itself to your design well. Remember that his armor is sittin on top of a tight t shirt underneath. Keep thrownin up WIP shots as you progress with this.

ps did you give him a Dr. Orpheus medallion thing? Bold choice if so, ha.