Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Drachis

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Drachis polycounter lvl 9
Hi Guys I got my first draft of my portfolio up and running looks like I don't FAIL CLASS! (see 00Zero's thread)

http://portfolio.ip-comic.com

I graduate in December 2009 from the Art Institute of Los Angeles and figured it can't be too early to get a website all set to go.

About the title, I've been contracted a couple of times as a technical artist, so I think I'll sport the title until I get a cooler one. I'm still not sure how to show off the fact that I can do tech well on my site.

There is still some content that needs to go up but all links should be working.

What do you think of the layout and content so far?

Replies

• Luke_Starkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    Looks good soo far, the only thing that puts me of is the grunge around the frames and that... I'd make it so its just got an 'inner glow and inner shadow' instead of the grunge.

Good work anyway! (I think the scientist guy is awesome!)
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    Im a bit disturbed by the frames arround the picture, and I generally think that the backround black on the green can be a bit boring( like in the r
  • Luke_Starkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    Also i would give it a grey background black just seems too plain...
  • alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    all the "click for larger images" don't seem to be clickable for me, I'm using IE
  • Drachis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drachis polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for all the feedback

All the larger images were not up when I first posted, they are now and the links should work in most browsers (haven't checked safari ).

Swapped the background out for a grey galvanized tiling metal to help break up the space.

Added some formatting to the HTML resume, should be easier to scan over now

I'm still working out how to display my technical proficiency, I've got a couple of scripts and more effects work I'd like to show... but sadly its NDA-tastic so I'll work on creating more content to demonstrate that.

@Luke_Starkie I had the frames with just inner glow/ inner shadow initially.. it felt too plain so I decided to add a bit more life and overlaid a bit of grunge to 'em. I might tone it back.. but after GDC ^^; Glad you like the 'lil scientist.

@c0ldhands I'm not sure how the picture frames are disturbing, could you elaborate?
    I'm not sure what direction i want to go... I fell into the category of jak of all trades a while back and haven't holed up since. I'll probably appy to environment / level positions as well as tech, I've had fun and success in all of them which makes it really hard to pick just one. Thanks for the advice, it gives me something to ponder over for a while.