Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ford Mustang Car

Hi friends,

This is my recent work. I use many software.

This is modeled in MAYA, the texturing and rendering in 3ds Max with V-Ray render.

Still WIP, so c/c are invited ra.

imaxrender.jpg
post01.jpg

Replies

• vj_box
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks good,the tires can make use some more bevel in the edges,as they looks too sharp now.I love the studio lighting setup and the model is also good. So do you model more vehicles and specialize in this?

Vj
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    The tires look good, I can remember that not to long ago most of the tires were that sharp around the edges.... and I am pretty sure that that mustang is an old one right?

Anyway.

@ ankur_ssa

Nice work, love the material of the coating, the form turned out great, too.

What about the interior? got any detail shots there?
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
  • OldKid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like your trying to model 65 Mustang. Looks good , your almost there. Grill needs to push out more and headlights sit back a little farther. Look at the lights in this photo.
    http://www.1965-ford-mustang.com/65-mustang-photos-1a.jpg
  • VikingJim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ankur, the metal flake paint is a really cool look, however in some shots it reads more as noise in the paint.

the bumper could be more reflective chrome, too.

hood pins may look nice on it too.

Be sure to check out OldKid's link as well.

Great start tho. looking forward to seeing updates
  • ankur_ssa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Everyone for valuable suggestions.

Am working on it and wil update soon man.
  • zacko9000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool. You have a good start. The only thing that looks weird to me are the headlights, bumpers, and the paint towards the rear. But overall I think it looks good and some minor tweaks will take it to the next level.
  • A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    Looks good so far. I like the color choices for the paint. The flakes look good as well but Jim is right on it just looking noisy in some spots where as there looks to be none in the red paint. But otherwise the paint with the lighting looks great.

There appears to be no tail pipe either. Not sure if that's intended.

If you are modeling this off a '65 then you could make some changes to make it better match. Based off OldKid's pic this is what I noticed. Excuse this if your purposely did these.

imaxrender_fix.jpg

Solid start. Is this a car of yours? A dream car? What was your inspiration behind doing this piece?