Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Postage

I have been lingering around for about a year or so, and have been meaning to post something it wasn't until a class told us to that I decided to actually get my butt motivated enough to do so. So are here 3 turnarounds for a class, If anybody wants to say any part in particular let me know.

Character1_Turnaround.png
Char1FaceTurn.png
Tri count: 4986 I don't remember the limit

Spider_Turnaround.png
SpiderFaceTurn.png
Tri count: 3812 limit was 4000

Character3_Turnarounds.png
Char3FaceTurn.png
Tri count: 2990 limit was 3000
This is not unwrapped and is still a works in progress as it shall be textured.

I'm looking for criticism and feedback, so dish out whatever you got no matter how harsh. Thanks for looking!

Replies

• Sage
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Nice text, where are the images?
  • MeteoriteMuse
    Sage wrote: »
    Nice text, where are the images?

Sorry about that, problem is now fixed.
  • flow3d
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    I dont like the first model at all, but the two other ones are kinda cool!
    it kinda goes from bad, to good, to better - from the top :)

my crits will kinda be aimed at the last model.

Im not a fan of the whole polyflow thing, where everyone anally feel that they have to keep round rings around their models, especially the mouth/face area .. I tend to go with, trying to get the shape you want, without spending redundant polygons on making loops which have no purpose (inb4facialanimation .. bs!)

however, what you have going on your - best, models face .. is, very sad
    I cant really give you any constrictive crits on that Im afraid, but Im sure one of the other users are bothered by the same thing, and might give you something to work with.

I will say this though.
    you have a uneven density in some areas .. which is really bugging me.
    again, for the head.
    to begin with, you can remove one, or two, segments on the nose, which do nothing :)
    and the chin kinda looks crowded too.
    also, I'd like to see the same density in the front of the neck, as the back of the neck. where you have tre big beautiful polygons taking care of your shape, while the front is crowded like my pants during a night out in roppongi ..

on the rest of the body, I'd say the density and distribution look ok!

but,
    the edge you have around the shoulder, I'd like to see that one moved a bit more closer to the neck, like halfway between the arm and neck, and have it moved up a bit to show some shoulders.
    and, add a couple of segments to your arms, so that we animators dont have to feel guilty when that area deforms like ass :)
  • MeteoriteMuse
    flow3d wrote: »
    I dont like the first model at all, but the two other ones are kinda cool!
    it kinda goes from bad, to good, to better - from the top :)

[sarcasm] Better watch what you say there since the first model is based off myself...[/sarcasm] Eh but really though, I don't care since it's still 3D as much as the others and could be improved upon.
    I'm curious as to if you just think the first one is too plain compared to the last two which so have a far more interesting silhouette.
    to begin with, you can remove one, or two, segments on the nose, which do nothing :)
    and the chin kinda looks crowded too.
    also, I'd like to see the same density in the front of the neck, as the back of the neck. where you have tre big beautiful polygons taking care of your shape

I guess I was worried about trying to get smoother features with the face, but is shall mess around with it and see if I can get less density in that area.

on the rest of the body, I'd say the density and distribution look ok!
    but,
    the edge you have around the shoulder, I'd like to see that one moved a bit more closer to the neck, like halfway between the arm and neck, and have it moved up a bit to show some shoulders.
    and, add a couple of segments to your arms, so that we animators dont have to feel guilty when that area deforms like ass :)

Thanks, kinda missed that... namely with the shoulder thing, probably would have caused me to bang my head on the desk if I tried to rig that...