Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3D Artists / Animators needed for Civil War RTS Simulation

I am looking for someone to do create and animate very low tri-count models for a Civil War Strategy game I am creating. Each model needs to be in the 500 tri range, with a total of 500 after accessories (weapons, hats, supplies).

I am a full time programmer now, so that angle is covered. Now I just need someone who can create release quality art. I am using the Unity 3D engine (www.unity3d.com) and I plan on making the game have two payment options:

1) A free version with unlimited play time, but with banner ads cycling at the top of the screen. Also the number of divisions this player can control would be limited.

2) A full version which would give users all options and unlimited play for 15-20$.

Its very important that all users be able to play together regardless of the version they have to ease multiplayer matchmaking. Here are my primary needs at this time:

1) Union Soldier with two LODs. 900 polygons and 400-500 polygons.
2) Confederate Soldier with the same LODs as above.
3) Each would have a single 512x512 map (diffuse) and there would be a normal map of the same res for the higher poly LOD (for zooming in).
4) Because of the zoomed out large scale of the game things like mitten style hands and minimal bones are desired.
4) Each model would need to be rigged with as few bones as possible and made ready for animation.
5) For kicks, a price for how much the units would cost with basic run, march, walk, sprint, reload, fire, and march in place animations would help me to know if I want to animate these myself or not.

Eventually I would like to have several different models so that the units look more natural and not just a bunch of clones. I think just adding accessories and skins alone can accomplish most of this though.

If you are interested, I have a few options.

1) You could freelance and I could pay per model
2) You can take a straight percentage of sales

If you wanted to choose the latter and be a part of the team, then you would need t contribute additional resources. If you want to start with a per model payment method, thats cool too. If you're interested, go ahead an email me some of your work and how much you would want to charge for the models based on the descriptions I gave that will help me decide on an artist for my project.

brianwells123**AT**gmail**com

Thanks!