Home Artists Looking For Work

help with quote

Hey all,
I am trying to quote a price for a 3d freelance project and am having a hard time.

single character including :

modeling,
texturing,
rig and skin
a few animations
a few accessories

The Character will have normal and spec maps and is relatively low poly. for web platform.
Maybe someone could help me with how much time a professional would take to make it and then i could go from there.

thanks!

cccp

Replies

• Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    Hey thats the Vancouver Public Library in your portfolio? and you live in Sweden? haha cool. I hate that building tho, its kind of an eyesore in our city in my opinion. it just looks like a fake facade to me...
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Just out of curiosity, which browser engine supports normal mapping? Is Unity up to this level already?

Maybe you're having trouble pricing because you don't know your workflow enough yet. I base my rates off a base hourly rate, and multiply it by how long I think each smaller task will take me, giving time for revisions. Then add a few percentage more for happy feelings :)

If you feel like it will take you longer than a seasoned pro would do it because you're still learning, then you'd probably have to bump down your hourly rate.
  • hula
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heya thanks for reply,
    I can figure out how long it will take.
    Does anyone know what is a fair hourly rate for the uk?
    ( i live in canada )

thanks!
    cp
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    perhaps that will take around 5 days I am guessing, say you work 8 hours a day on it, could be

anything from 10 to 25 quid an hour IMHO.

depends how detailed it is and how big/generous the company is
  • hula
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome. thanks that helps a lot. i thought about 40 - 45 hours too.