Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Salamanderesque Deity

Well, I've made a super heroine and a real guy so far, so I figured it's time to throw in my creature entry into my portfolio. I wanted to avoid cliches (grotesque, deformed, etc) and go for a more elegant kind of creature (hence the title deity). Partially inspired by the Cthulu mythos and Angels from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, I did a rough sketch and started modeling. Base mesh around 5000, in about a couple hours, and started doing zbrush. I kinda want his surface details to look like the Heavy Metal character below (organic but armored plated look), anybody have any suggestions where I might take him? I'm also going for a semi-humanoid anatomy as well.

Btw, he's more of a space-floating being so pardon the odd legs. When he needs to land, I figured he'd impale the ground with those spike / tendrils as he moves.

rydWIP.jpg
HMETAL199505.jpg

Replies

• rdramsay1121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got this guy posted on game artisans too but folks there haven't said much either... my creature not gettin' any lovin'? I'm assuming it's either so awesome that people are speechless or it's so bad that people don't give a crap about it :) But seriously, any thoughts on this guy? I did a bit more Zbrush on him just now so I'm posting some caps (my other project with making one of my friends real is taking most of my time now)

rydWIP2.jpg