Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Zcorpion

This sketchbook thread is mainly going to be populated by 2D and 3D, but I might add some alternate medias into it as well, like clay,painting and such

I tried many times to keep a real sketchbook, but I always end up loosing it or "accidentally" throwing it away. So this seemed like a perfect solution, a sketchbook I cannot misplace.

Suggestions are great
Comments are great
Critique is okay

But when it comes down to it I mostly started this thread for myself.

-Zcorpion-

Replies

• Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since I have Social Phobia, My art tend to vary alot depending on the stress level I am facing at that moment.

When im very stressed I only make line-art since it's easier for me and still comes out somewhat pretty.

An example:
    Alien creature on a bad day
    ...yup nothing ever turns out nice on bad days... not even stickmen :P... My hands are simply too shaky.

Alien creature on a decent day
    Took me about a day to make this
    Monster.jpg

Alien creature on a good day
    This was finished within few hours
    monster1.jpg

I found the definition of Social Phobia on google for those not knowing what it is:
    Social phobia, also known as social anxiety disorder is a diagnosis within psychiatry and other mental health professions referring to excessive social anxiety (anxiety in social situations) causing abnormally considerable distress and impaired ability to function ...
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm I need to achive that level of grand design the best artists in here seems to grasp rather well.
    My sketches seem somwhat too simple..
    *maybe I should try spending more time on each piece?...*

Sketches1.jpg

Sketches2.jpg

Sketches3.jpg

*naah I think it's just because I never really draw the grand creatures and stuff that much, the ones in need of many details... maybe...:/ *

Aliens.jpg

The bare spot on this last image is the space I used for a Human face... I just failed at it, so he was removed...

I always loved making creatures since I was a child, and was always encouraged to do so.

so as you might have guessed, Spore was like a dream come through when I first heard about it, to bad it sucked:/...
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monster1Line.jpg
    This one's got charme imo

Monster2Line.jpg
    I can easily imagine this creature running.. never assue it is not possible just because YOU cant imagine it.

Monster3Line.jpg
    Sometimes I remember to sign my drawings/sketches, other times I forget

Monster5Line.jpg
    Some chaos universal resident

Monster_6Line.jpg
    An underground creature able to stand up on it's two powerful hind-limbs when outside
    *hmmm they might be a little weak looking*
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some chaos creatures as well as a couple of humans corrupted by chaos
    just sketches and ideas, I'm not certain about any of it.

FleshBeast.jpg
    *Could be better*

ChaosScorpion.jpg
    *much better... I like it anyway.... reminds me of the nature of Nurgle, just not as decayed (warhammer 40.000 chaos faction has similar "melted chaos look")*

And now for some experiments, mixing humans with this "Chaos" stuff
    ChaosPrincess.jpg
    *hmmmmmm It could be intergrated better..*

ChaosSister.jpg
    *Yes much better, Everyone likes tentacles:P*
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlienCreaturelined.jpg

AlienCreature.jpg
    Was trying out some other painting technique.. I don't really like it, but the creature is cool.
    So wonderfully odd and to me a plausible raditae (Radial Life like Starfish, Jellyfish or Sea Anemones.) based design.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    neat and scary creature designs, that colour technique you used on the last creature is good just needs darker darks in my opinion, its a little bit too flat and subtle
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged wrote: »
    That colour technique you used on the last creature is good just needs darker darks in my opinion, its a little bit too flat and subtle

agreed:)
  • peppi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi polycounter lvl 18
    I also prefer the colouring in the last image as it looks tidier than the airbrushy approach from your first post .. I agree it might be worth adding some more contrast and stronger colours. That aside, I like how clean your line art is.. you've got some nice monster designs here. Really cool sketchbook so far, keep them coming!
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peppi wrote: »
    I also prefer the colouring in the last image as it looks tidier than the airbrushy approach from your first post .. I agree it might be worth adding some more contrast and stronger colours. That aside, I like how clean your line art is.. you've got some nice monster designs here. Really cool sketchbook so far, keep them coming!

I belive you are the first that in public, express that you like the colouring at the bottom from the one at the top, just wondering if I missed something..
    anyway matters not..

I am a little timid about using colours, always has been, most likely because I never really explored it much in the first 20 years of my life

which makes it the perfect "next" project:) thanks
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Did you used to be registered here under a different name? Or are you registered on conceptart.org, by chance?

I have seen a few of these pictures before, a long time ago.
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen wrote: »
    Did you used to be registered here under a different name? Or are you registered on conceptart.org, by chance?

I have seen a few of these pictures before, a long time ago.

I've been here many times under different nicks, but always put my tail between my legs and ran away when I "trapped" myself..
    Thats why I start this thread this time by telling people I have Social Phobia, hopefully that will make it easier for me to stay.

Another place you could have seen some of these drawings is www.Elfwood.com , the founder is a friend of mine, so I never removed them:P.

Then my girlfriend became the head moderator there and my family goes there to keep track of what im doing, so im kinda stuck there:P.

Also, I've never felt I was good enough for Conceptart.org
  • Zcorpion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After I saw Peppi's siamese twin I wanted to make my own as well!:D
    A link to Peppi's amazing creation here

This is what I got sofar (I'm going to add clothes:P when I figure out where this is)

EDIT: I think he is going to reside in the sewers

* my ****ing neck is killing me today...*
    SiameseFine.jpg