Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fat cyborgish mushroom-loving adventurer.

A class assignment and DW practise. I really hate the design, no concepting done though. 2x1024, diffuse, specular, normal and ambient color.

Tricount: 5890

Hope you like it! I really need some critique, whats good, whats bad etc :)

5-1.jpg
4-1.jpg
3-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
1-2.jpg
wire.jpg

Ciao!

Replies

• nrek
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Hey eric looks like you have a pretty good start on your character. But there is a good deal of room for improvement. First off I would lose the first pose, I can't tell if he is falling backwards, stomping on that mushroom, or sitting on thet rock, very confusing. The arms in general seem kinda small for the character, if you want him to have the small arms I would at least say the shoulder muscle needs to extend further back and gain some extra muscle definition. The normals in general seem pretty clean but they lack the small high frequency details, things like scratches on the metal, wrinkles between the joints of the toes, skin wrinkles around the horns down the back etc. And then play with the spec map a bit more to try and get the metal and skin to have different surface properties. I hope some of this was helpful, and I look forward to seeing some more progress.
  • brokendragon
    I agree with Nrek. The arms are a little on the stubbish side. Your texture is detailed in some spots and a little bland in others, especially on his pants.
  • eric.
    Thanks alot guys! I appreciate the critique. The whole character was kinda rushed cause the deadline at school, worked on him for about a week and 3~ days, and had no concept so everything was just made up as I was sculpting.

I wont work more on this one though, cause I really hate the design, but I got alot of experience working on this and now some good advise and so on.

Is there anything more in general you want to add?
  • dejawolf
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    where's mario?