Home Technical Talk

Unreal Vehicle Specs

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
I was curious if anyone had any information on the specs of the vehicles for UT3 or Gears 2.

I'm making a vehicle for a school project, and I want my tri counts and texture sizes to be realistic and appropriate to a game such as the previously mentioned.

I know there's tons of little questions to be asked when we're talking about poly budgets and texture size limits, but lets just say for this instance that I'm going to try to make a vehicle that would fit right in to one of the UT3 maps.

Any resources or tips would be greatly appreciated... approximated numbers would even help, for I have no real reference at this point to go off of.

Thanks dudes!

Replies

• breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    adam, you could launch up UE3 and in some of the VH_"namehere" packages in the Generic browser you will find meshes and textures for the vehicles that are around the same thing as your tank thingy.

they seem to flow around 5000-8000 tris with either a 1024 or 2048 on em.
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    lol yah i forgot you could do taht in ue3 lol i gotta reinstall that bastard soon.

Ok well my low poly is sitting at like 10k tris right now. I'll optimize a bit more but probably wont be able to do much more without sacrificing lots of silhouette. Thanks Lawrence.