Home Technical Talk

changing gow1 playermodel ?

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
rollin polycounter
is it possible to change the playermodel in gears of war 1 ?
i´m asking bc i´ve changed the model with some test dummy and it worked in the editor but when i start the game itself it crashes and tells me, that the corresponding unreal package file does not match the original size.. (of course it does not match bc i´ve imported my dummy into it)

or is theres another way to change the model geometrie while keeping the default animations?

or is the game itself mod-protected, means you have to start a complete new mod or is it just something you have to (easily) disable/enable ?

thx!

Replies

• 3devo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3devo polycounter lvl 12
    should be possible i've seen a thread over at the epic forums that shows how to change the player model to another from the game (Baird for example). what i think your running into is a problem with dirty packages (modifying packages that came with the game). if you save it to your own package then follow the same procedures as you already have then (fingers crossed) it should work.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    wow indeed there is some info in the official forum.. ha i´ll look into it and see if it works

i feel now bad for posting such a "use websearch" thread :(