Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Plane + Environment WIP

I got 4 weeks to finish up a project for graduation, so I decided to do somewhat of a futuristic hangar with a modern aircraft from my own concept.

I started the aircraft this weekend. It's got some harrier influence, but I wanted it to look formidable, and head on I really like the way it looks, like a pissed off bug.

fighter6.jpg

fighter7.jpg

Replies

• frubes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can you show us a couple more views, top 3/4, back 3/4 and another one. Also some wires wouldn't go amiss. Currently its hard to give crits on the views you have given without seeing the others in context. Also, dont render them on a black background. Makes for really hard viewing. Ill forgo the comments at the mo till you upload some other stuff. 4 weeks ins't long for a grad project so chop chop :D
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    general aircraft shape looks cool to me.

Would be cool to see some hangar around.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    I appreciate where you're going, but right now it looks like a fat guy with skinny arms. It's awkward, especially from the front. (I still want to see more views) I think you need to balance out the shape a little more, and try to incorporate the engines a bit more. Look at real jet fighters, almost none of them have the entire turbine exposed like that.

I would try bringing both engines closer together, so only the outer half moon or so is visible from the front.

I also think the tail setup is a bit overkill. I think it may look cooler if you pull the center tail, and just have the elevators going off at juxtaposed angles to the wings. (like the YF-23)

Lastly, make sure you know how it's able to land. Right now it needs very tall landing gear (which may look awkward itself).

Keep going, it's a good start.