Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Belltann

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Belltann polycounter lvl 17
Hello ya'll.

Here is my stuff. Going to post updates and wips here so if there are anything you dont like or think would make the art better, don't hesitate to tell me. Brutal honesty is usualy the key to success.
Here is some stuff ive been working on, in my sparetime, since summer 2007. Old at the top, new at the bottom.

librarian.jpg
mouth.jpg
hand_2_big.jpg
hand_1_big.jpg
mole.jpg
mole_Closeup.jpg
mole_lowpoly.jpg
thaiorccloseup.jpg
MuayThaiOrcDirty.jpg
Brainhead1.jpgBrainhead2.jpgBrainhead3.jpg
Brainhead4.jpg
Brainhead5.jpg
Brainhead6.jpg

This is the project im working on today. Just want to practice hardsurface modelling....and do a spacemarine. So what do you think, boring?
This is just the concept. Going to do the HS stuff in maya.

Marine3DConcept.jpg

Replies

• Microneezia
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    That birdman at the top is just so freaking amazing. Im not a casual sunday birdman enthusiest either...I seek out and study birdmen of the ages. I dress up as a birdman for halloween, not just a halloween either, 3 halloweens running... and altogether birdmen are my friends and allies.

You sir, are wonderful. please finish your birdman.

hot damn hes awesome.
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    really dig the fist and the ogre character, nice work dude
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    REALLY nice sculpts- I really dig that ogre dude with the fist wraps- the fabric is awesome, how did you do the wraps anyways?
  • Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia: Haha well ill see if i can fix some more birdy speciments for ya. :)
    here is an old transpose i did

librarian_2.jpg

Ferg: Thanks mate!

konstruct: Hehe thanks dude. I made them from a zsausage. Just used claytube to sketch out the cloth then use a combination of flatten, move and standard brush(with negative value in brushmod) to get it sharp. Quite timeconsuming.
  • Microneezia
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahwahweewah!

more!

why is he called Librarian?
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    great work, love the hand sculpt and ninja wrapped orc/ogre.
  • TychoVII
    Offline / Send Message
    TychoVII polycounter lvl 13
    Space marines are never boring if they're done badass enough, and it looks like you're well on your way to that.
  • Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia: Hehe, thanks dude. It started with a plan of an alien librarian...and the worktitle just stuck.

Ged: Glad you liked it. :)

TychoVII: Pjew! thanks man :)

I just want to show you guys something my dad broth today.He works in the printing business and he helped me to print my muay-thai orc. One 190X160 cm poster and an vinyl (like stickytape) 260X185-something cm. Its me and me dad on the photo. I'm dead exicted :)
    The company like the print so they might use it some more.

Poster2_Vinyl.jpg

Poster1.jpg
  • psychoticprankster
    I like what I see accept for the creature on the poster in the last two photos. having the same facial expression and poses as in the eight and ninth photos. Don't get me wrong they look great. keep up the good work. I'm going to subscribe to this sketch book.
  • Microneezia
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats wicked you lucky bastard! I used to post up drawings all over my room, my dad would come in and rip them all down in a rage. He made me hang this painting of a cabin and it was the only thing aloud on the walls in my room. It was the worst painting too... mocking me every day with its pathetic depection of serenety.

Thats what real men do though you know, sit in their rooms and look at depictions of stupid shitty backwoods cabins. its freaking manly so get with the program and stop this Orc nonsense.

ps. birdmen are acceptable, however frowned upon, so dont get too cocky aobut it. :poly128:
  • Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    psychoticprankster: Not strange at all, they are the same modell. I used the nr 9 for the print. Hehe thanks bud.
    Microneezia: Ouch. Haha, point taken.
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    !!THATS AWESOME~

how much does one of those prints usually run, Im sure if you put up some info some family business funds could come out of it- :P
  • Saidin311
    Offline / Send Message
    Saidin311 polycounter lvl 11
    I agree. That print is pretty sweet. The sculpts are awesome too. I'd be interested to know how much a big print like that costs.
  • Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    Konstruct: Hehe thanks dude.
    Saidin311: Thanks. :)

I think my dad said something around 40-500$ depending on the size of the print. The vinyl one is not that good to print on that size tho.