Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UT3] DM-Autumn Fog (beta)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
acapulco polycounter lvl 9
So, hi pc-community!
Been here for a while now. Stalking here since when I started working on this map. This is my first map for UT3 and a beta. Just have it in mind, not yet finished. Beta =)

I'm working on it for about 2 months now from sketch.
Meshes are all custom, except the grater waterfall. Small ones are custom. Textures are all custom, except the diffuse and setting textures for the water. Too lazy for that, cause the water is good as it is in ut3.

Some meshes need to be refined and revisited, cause some suck, same as some textures.
Got no idea for a lightsource in the cave. Don't want to add crappy glowy crystals or stuff. If there are some ideas out by you, post them!
There also seems to be a problem with performance, one said that, so if there are any suggestions how to improve, let me know.

Overall polycount (instanced) is around 50k. Neox said I can rise multiply by ~4 to 6. First created models for warcraft 3. I "learned" low poly. This map is more or less a test to gain land on the modeling and gameenvironment thing.

So, now to the pics. I drew a concept for this one when I started lighting. Gonna start with that one:

AF-concept1_2.jpg

Those following are the first beta screens, just as links:
AF-Beta1
AF-Beta2
AF-Beta3
AF-Beta4

Then the new Screens, shot yesterday:

AF-Beta5.jpg

AF-Beta6.jpg

AF-Beta7.jpg

AF-Beta8.jpg

Yah... and here is the mapfile for all of you owning ut3:

~~~ Link ~~~

It is a beta, want to get it finished soon.

acapulco

__

Known 'bugs':
* UVW crap in flowing water.
* Some ugly clippingbugs on the terrain
* Some textures (trees, lamps) are not completly drawn
* Some stuck-ons on the terrain

will add, when find some.

Replies