Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Micro Uzi [WIP] =P

Just been Working on a micro Uzi possibly for an FPS game.

Feel Free to crit (actually thats why i posted =P)

ibgjd4.png

Diffuse:
14kfzh3.jpg

Normal:
2e1bo74.jpg

Specular (i dont really know how to make this one, but i tried):
o5c19k.jpg

Replies

• Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    ...huh? I see a model and some pictures of a gun on a texture and a crazybump nm of that texture, so what are you pimping? If its the "textures" there is nothing to pimp, the model needs to either be higher detail or lower detail as it stands it just looks like its a WIP.

What to do at this point, either make it higher poly and bake a normal map on to a lower poly version that is if you know how to texture(IE hand paint a texture) If you don't know how to texture then make it much much lower like less than 500 polys then unwrap that and try texturing it with a 128x128 texture diffuse only. keep doing these untill you feel you have a good handel on hand painting then come back to "next gen" work.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    ...huh? I see a model and some pictures of a gun on a texture and a crazybump nm of that texture, so what are you pimping? If its the "textures" there is nothing to pimp, the model needs to either be higher detail or lower detail as it stands it just looks like its a WIP.

What to do at this point, either make it higher poly and bake a normal map on to a lower poly version that is if you know how to texture(IE hand paint a texture) If you don't know how to texture then make it much much lower like less than 500 polys then unwrap that and try texturing it with a 128x128 texture diffuse only. keep doing these untill you feel you have a good handel on hand painting then come back to "next gen" work.

+1 spend some time on the unwrap you have a lot fo wasted space, and spend time on painting the texture, and not thorwing straight photo source onto it, and if your comfortable with it, i would build a nice highpoly for baking normals, and an ao to help with the diffuse
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, its Quake 2 all over again :p
  • MachineMinded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also work on your polygon distribution. The amount of polygons you've used on the barrel and those small screw heads is HUGE. Let the normal map deal with those small details.

I'd suggest what others have already suggested: Make a highpoly first and then start thinking out your lowpoly.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you have a big ngon on the side. quads and tris, homie.