Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Camera Airship

CameraAirship.jpg

Hello People,

It's a old model I made long time ago. It's really low poly but I'd still like to show it to people. The airship is based on early 19th century camera. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    That model has class!

the sails look a bit funny, I think they might be too squat but I'm sure you don't want critique on an old model so I suggest making a 2009 version!
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    really fun idea! I think you could help the texture out a bit though, sort of flat right now. I think that adding some saturated patches to the wood could help you out a lot, giving it a more whimsical texture to match the whimsical design.

Justin's right about the sails. Instead of changing their size, I would simply remove one of them and stretch the remaining one to fit the pole. It would keep the nice proportion of the design wtihout having weird little sails.

really like this model though. I really like the idea that you based it off a camera, and the design holds up very well.

Good modeling sir!
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    cute :) how did you come up with this idea?
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very cool design, like the style of it alot! giant bellows ftw. i agree the sails look a little flat atm, more billowing might fit the cartoony feel of the hull a bit better.

-Woog