Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Redeemer

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
ICESPADE polycounter lvl 15
Hey to all you crazy 3d artists out their.
Lack of sleep is whats getting to me. Here is another update on my character. I had a weapon design laid out for him and all, but now I am just really indecisive about whether I should give it to him. C&c's are always welcome. Have a great day. Bless!
RedeemerTs11.jpg
RedeemerTs10.jpg
RedeemerTs9.jpg

This is one of my characters I am working on. Please let me hear some C&c's from you. Very much appreciated.

Redeemer3.jpg
Hi guys, this is just and update on my character. I Kinda messed around with his outfit. Changing it around a bit. C&c's are always welcome. Bless!
RedeemerTs8.jpg
RedeemerTs7.jpg
RedeemerTs6.jpg

Replies

• t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    The detail on the hands looks pretty good, but I think you've got an extra set of abs in there mate.
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    Nothing wrong with those abs but sculpting looks a bit lumpy
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx Vik and t4pan. I did what I could. Still needs work.
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    there are a 4th set of abdominal muscles underneath the belly button.. perhaps a more natural chisel doesnt mean sharp indention of his skin.. the large landmarks are clear and accurate, and i think they look good the way they are... keep it up.. designs looking cool so far
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, I stand corrected on the abs, my mistake. Carry on :P
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Well I think the abs do look a little off.
    I know abs vary greatly from person to person, but I think it would make them more believeable to have the belly button up higher.
    The belly button is in the correct position between the bottom set of abs and 2nd from bottom, so if you just move the belly button up; it will make the lowest set longer and compress the rest of the abs. (The way it should be IMO)
    The top (fourth) row, that t4pan forgot existed is at best the same size as the 2 sets below it. But usually, its compressed and looks about half as long as the rest, and often they are not very defined.
    Here are some images I dug up to show what I mean:

example of abs under skin, with upper row compressed:
    2365545963_e0d919b52c.jpg?v=0

example of actualy human anatomy, obviously no skin; just the muscles underneath:
    Muscle-anatomy.jpg

By the way, I really dig the sculpting so far, which is why I am taking the time show these examples. Keep at it!

[Edit] You know, now that I look at it from some of the angles in mudbox2009 (I am guessing from the material color) the belly button might be right where it needs to be. The whole abe thing is a huge nitpick I admit, but I like the look more when the upper set is compressed as in the picture I provided is all.
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all for the critiques. I fixed it, but the lasted pictures are covering it up. I will post more later with out the cloths. Just to see if I am on point. Rock on my friends.
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good morning to all and I hope it is bless. Good night to others. Ha ha))
    Another (wip) Update. As always, C&c's are welcome. To those who might want to know.

I call him the Redeemer. Background on him is not fully known, but he was once a healer. Until he lost his sister and partially some of his sight. One day an unknown mob came to him asking for his help for their leader, but he knew of their wicked ways and denied them. Basically end up costing him. Found himself waking up in a rock pile.

That's all I really have on that. Enjoy!

RedeemerTs15.jpg
    RedeemerTs14.jpg
    RedeemerTs13.jpg
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi you guy's. I had to pull my character back to the make up rooms. The look I wanted for him was just not hitting that spot I wanted. So, I did a little make over for him. I think it is a keeper. I will be finishing him up soon. C&c's are welcome. Keep on RoCking~ Bless...

Recall1.jpg
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is update on my dude. C&c's are awesome. Bless~

1.jpg2.jpg
  • notebookguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the new look of the character
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah hes looking really solid now :)
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    much much better than before, i agree completely. keep going on this one. still think that tricep may be eh eh, and that thumb webbing needs some serious attention.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    His hand are gigantic, is that intentional? Or rather i guess the head is really small. I'm not really digging the face sculpt as much as the rest of the model, either.

I don't like the cottony fabric of his shirt. With the studs around the arms i'm expecting something more canvasy or leathery. Other than all that, looks ace.
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx you guy's. Really appreciate the pointers. I shall do what I can. Firebert, my friend Colin showed me you work. I thought your animation was sick. Creepy, but awesome.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    Keep it coming man it looks good so far, He has came a long way. I was not feeling the old attire on him, what you have is a keeper.
  • ICESPADE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on my character Messing around with a lot of stuff and doing other proj's. Enjoy my fellow artist. C&c's are welcome. Thx Loraine. Really appreciate it. Awesomeness~

Guy3.jpg
    Guy2.jpg
    Guy1.jpg
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    you know Colin!?! word man! small world.

thanks for the props on my work man!

i gotta totally agree with SupRore's earlier comment about the hands... they are monsterous now that you've added the cutaway gloves. IMO you should block in the rest of the body so you can dial in your proportions better. his head now looks super teeny tiny, especially with those hands, and just in comparison to his torso, it still feels too small. if you take the time to block that stuff in, i think you'll have a much easier time modeling/sculpting the rest of this guy and it will start to go a lot smoother and faster for you.