Home Technical Talk

Render to texture lighting problem

Gday, I'm in the process of making some sci-fi textures, but using 3d for its basic shape, and rendering to a texure using the diffuse setting.
But i have a problem with the lighting when i render it, the lines and groves are un evenly lit for some reason, there are no lights in the scene or anything, so i dont know where its coming from.

maybe some of my settings? Here is a screen of the problem.

fgmfghjfghyjfhyjit9.jpg

The circles are the problem areas, and the arrows are what it should be.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The render preview window will capture default lighting from your scene, which is based on the camera's potion/angle to the object if you move the camera, it will give you different results in the render preview window.

BUT you shouldn't save what it shows you in the render preview window. In fact turn it off, because what it shows you in that window will always be wrong. Go and dig out the file it actually saved to view your results. A diffuse pass should have no lighting info at all, just color in this case it looks like it should be gray. Unless you check on "lights and shadows", if you did then you should set up some lights because its going to capture the default lighting every time and it will probably change from render to render. But if you set up some lights it will be the same.
  • fortheweekend_
    Ah okay, i found the file and like you said it was just grey so i changed it to complete map, that rendered the geometry, and in the proper file its still like that ill see what adding a light will do.

thanks for your help yet again ;)