Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another First Timer Head Model

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
TychoVII polycounter lvl 13
Hello all. I've perused this forum for quite a while and now I feel I should start posting some of my shiat. Any tips, pointers, critiques for a first timer would be super fabulous.

This took about 6-7 hours.

J-Head.jpg

Replies

• rdramsay1121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey welcome to the forums, I'm actually pretty new here myself. Did you do this in Zbrush / Mudbox? I guess this is WIP; parts of the hair seem a bit strange. It looks like you got poles or n-gons in there (I'm just assuming you sculpted low poly first then brought it into Zbrush / Mudbox). Are you planning to make normal / displacement maps out of this? I guess it depends on what you're trying to do...
  • TychoVII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TychoVII polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks man.

I did this in Zbrush starting with a polysphere. And yeah, it's sort of a WIP. I did the hair really quick using an extract from the head. I didn't really plan on taking this guy much further, I was just kind of wondering if anything didn't look right on the face (I didn't really specify what I was asking for did I :/).

I'm just looking to improve my sculpting of facial features in general. Here's the reference I used: http://ripethings.com/~robert/Jake.jpg

With a comparison maybe it'll be easier to see what I need to work on :P