Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Kid

I'm new to Maya, been using it for about 2 months now. I wanted to show it to experienced users for valuable feedback. Lemme know what you think!!

spaceboy_frontview.jpg

spaceboy_closeup.jpg

Replies

• SomberResplendence
    Looking cool. I consider myself new to Maya also. The proportions are working for me. You may also want to not render on a solid black background. I'm also interested in seeing wires. Keep up the work!
  • stoogensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tip, Somber! I'll look for some rendering tutorials (learning all this on my own, and it is fun!)
  • Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    while i really dig the proportions i have to say that his face just doesn't look young at all
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with Neox. The face just isn't doing it for me. The body is looking ace. I like the style and the proportions look pretty solid. The face just doesn't seem to fit with the body. The body is exagerated, but the face looks like its an attempt to be more realistic. Go ahead and try giving his face enough exageration to match it with the body more.

Widen his mouth. Don't give him delicate lips, give him a big grin. Exagerate the cheeks a little more. Make the eyes a bit bigger and give him some decently defined eyebrows to match.