Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment-Ship Hallway

Been working on this, for the most part it is done, just have a few things to tweak, so I can say...about 95 percent done though any help would be much appreciated

Port.jpg

((ugh I hate saving things as JPG, they look horrid))

Replies

• SnarG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My monitor is naturally a shade dark but I'm having quite a bit of difficulty making much out in there. Perhaps a secondary fill light to add a bit of ambient bounce in the scene?
  • timwiese
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timwiese polycounter lvl 9
    It's hard to make out much in this environment, it's way too dark.

From what I can make out though your textures look a bit blurry, and you need to have some spec on the metal areas to react to the light.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you know, you can adjust the quality slider when saving jpegs. :poly121:

the quality is so muddy i cant see any textures really, it all seems like solid colors now. as far as modeling, add trim to corners and stuff. break up all the long lines you have going on, like corners of walls and pipes and stuff with medium and smaller models. avoid the sharp 90 degree angles between models (such as where your large pipes on the left meet the ground/wall).

the lighting is very...confusing, i cant think of the correct word right now. you obviously have a light source coming from the bottom, and a bit from the top. but the way it looks now, the lighting seems to be coming from all over at the same intensity so you lose all your shadows and it makes the scene look very flat. your main light that casts the main shadows should come from the bottom i suppose.

also, add some ambient occlusion to it.

good luck! :)
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    are you aiming for comic look?,- because everything looks a bit rough and plain in detail. Is it realtime or for a nice rendering?
  • Harryscary276
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guess my laptop screen is brighter than others, ok will increase intensity of the Ambient light, as for the light source it is from below the grated floor, what is on the ceiling is shadow and light from below

OH and it is Nice rendering, something about my video card in my laptop dosen't allow the effects of lighting and normal mapping be seen in real time view port