Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I got a gun mang

StephenVyas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
SideDoomGun.jpg
Eventhough I haven't modeled anything in years, I did in fact like making this bulky badass assault rifle. It's was fun to switch it up and pretend I was a modeler for a night.

Any comments to make the silhouette bettarrrr, or anything else, I'm all ears.

hoo-ah

Replies

• Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    i dunno.. maybe a trigger would be a nice feature? ;)

and im not sure how big this thing is supposed to be, but the handgrip seems to be a bit short.. maybe some padding on the shoulderthingemajig?

sillhouettewise i think it looks to heavy in the front, maybe thickin the back up a bit and put some holes in the front to compensate?
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in general I think the silhouette is pretty strong, but i agree that the handle is way too short. And where is the trigger? Also, that magazine seems kind of wide.

I think it doesn't really have optimization for either high poly or low poly. Either its low poly, in which case, some of the bevels are probably too much, and you're relying on geometry instead of texture. Or it's high poly, in which case there isn't enough detail at all.

Did you do any drawings before you modeled? I think if you went back to the silhouette in Photo shop you could fix some of the problems and come up with more interesting details.