Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: yuhMEE

Ok well I wanted to start off to what i can draw today.
Im going to just sketch a couple of pictures and hopefully get some constrcutive criticism.
By just looking at them your going to see that the anatomy is bad.

So If you guys can help me or give me tips on how to draw proper anatomy then itll be apreciated. ^^
oh and i need tips on how to stay away from the "anime" style.

img012.jpg

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    yuhMEE wrote: »
    So If you guys can help me or give me tips on how to draw proper anatomy then itll be apreciated. ^^
    oh and i need tips on how to stay away from the "anime" style.

There's two tips I can give you that should help.
    1) REFERENCE. if you want to learn how to draw what people look like in life you're going to need reference of some sort. unfortunately we can't learn proper anatomy by simply drawing from our minds. (as far as I know)

2) practice! keep drawing! you already made a good step by setting up this sketchbook, now make sure you do it regularly!

Good luck, I look forward to seeing more!
  • yuhMEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yay! finally got a tablet!!
    Alright so its been 3days since iv had the tablet and iv never used one b4.
    soo heres my work so far..
    NEED SOME COMMENTS! thnx

(this was my first drawing ever done in a tablet)
    Untitled-2.jpg
    hands.jpg
    Observation.jpg
  • yuhMEE
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Nnoo!! That poor robot.
  • yuhMEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i had to start of somwhere. lol
  • Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    great work! the only criticism I have is that in the first drawing you did with your tablet, the eyes aren't in line with the rest of the face, they're too far to the left. Besides that I've got nothing.

I love your robot, he's awesome ^_^
  • yuhMEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha u think so?
    hehe well thank you.
    thats jus one of the first real attempt at an actuaal paining
    hope to improve later on
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    try playing with more that one light source. that robot for example would pop alot more if he had some sort of intresting light source landing on his back side, even if it was real subltle it would add a lot.
  • yuhMEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm i should ..
    im working on a person right now. ill see what i can improve on
  • Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah, actually the more I look at the face you did, i'm starting to think everything's out of line a little bit as far as the face goes. I tried to show proportions in a psd, but I don't have a tablet at the moment and I suck with a mouse, so I'll just try to explain.

Draw a line straight down from the center of each eye, this is how wide the person's mouth should be.
    Draw a line straight down from the tear duct of each eye, this is where the outside of each nostril should be.
    As far as length goes, each person's features differ from anothers, so I tend to mess around with it a little bit.

If any of that made any sense, then cool, if not, then try looking at some photos or be narcissistic for a couple minutes ^_^

hope it helps and hope it's something you didn't already know.

and yes, I do love it. I agree with Konstruct, too. Another lightsource would be great and it would give you the chance to move those blues around so they're not all just in one spot.
  • yuhMEE
  • yuhMEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct wrote: »
    try playing with more that one light source. that robot for example would pop alot more if he had some sort of intresting light source landing on his back side, even if it was real subltle it would add a lot.

hmm what do u mean by playing with light?
    do you mean add more? or in differnt angles?
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    yeah like, usually when you drop in shading, you usually pick a light source and go with it right? well start throwing in other light sources. something that usually looks pretty nice is some rim light, and a core shadow, I dunno, give er a go- also take into consideration that light bounces off of surfaces, and depending on the surface, can pick up various characteristics:

core shadow: