Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

flcl Canti wip

so my latest project is canti, the robot from FLCL. eventually id like to create and animate him as well as create a level for him to run around in.... the uv's are laid out and i plan on using slightly washed out colors. im still learning so id love as much in put as possible.

cantfront.jpg
cantiback.jpg
cantisde.jpg
canti.jpg

Replies

• DrillerKiller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrillerKiller polycounter lvl 11
    i like th flat colors
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good to see Canti getting some game art loving :D

It's looking decent but Some parts of the mesh look a bit dense and messy compared to others - especially around the knees. Also, be careful of how you're triangulating your mesh - one point in particular is the front of the thighs, where the triangulation is creating concave angles. It'd be worth getting some proper smoothing on him, too :)

Texture looks like it's off to a good start, though. Makes quite a difference even with flat colours, but I think when you come to put any lighting on him, the dodgy smoothing and triangulation is going to make it look a bit messy.
  • pazuo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *DrillerKiller- thanks man.
    *Talon- i plan on fixing the mesh but i dont plan on putting any lighting on him. i think it would destroy the cartoon look.

ive worked on the texture and i like the progress. i still need to do the shins feet and hands but all in all im pretty satisfied

canti.jpg