Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Fighter Model

Hey friends, first time posting on here and was just curious if I could get some input on a star fighter model I'm currently working on. Thank you and cheers.

Devan

StarFighterI.jpg

StarFighterI_2.jpg

Replies

• woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey man srry no reply thus far, kinda reminds of slave 1. i think the round forms need to go, they mess up the overall style from the front, work on some concept for that try some different things, also the wings seem a little impractical because from the shot they appear perpendicular to the crafts path of movement which would cause massive drag. can forgive it a bit caus it looks pretty cool try and find another way to orient those tho. this is very early in your process u will probably get more replies with more done. think about the details tho engines antennas things like this are what keeps stuff interesting.

-Woog
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looks pretty cool, could you post your references? I have no idea what the original concept is coming from; therefore I have a hard time giving crits.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada." [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7NaxBxFWSo[/ame]

Off to a good start. You might want to break the cockpit off and model some of the inside. It's always kind of cheese when people black out the cockpit. Also don't forget to cut out the intersecting turret pieces. You might want to change them from always facing forward to ball turrets, it would give the ship better aiming capacity and geospheres might save you some polys too.

keep up the good work, its got style =)