Home Technical Talk

Short Film Project

3DGURU
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
3DGURU polycounter lvl 17
Hi PolyCount

A friend of mine who is a film director "who directed a 2 hours film and made a lot of plays" is intrested in making a 3d animated short film , we have an outline for our work , i would consider even the film's title/concept a confidential thing , we would make it a cartoonish abstract film which deals with an important global issue , we are two for now , and a music composer might join ..

-the director
-the CG artist

it's too serious , in this case , we are dealing with an ambitious film director and we will make it possible by hard and orgnised work , we have a little studio were there are music players and painters and singers at our university . . .

the workshop of 3D [Blender will be used] will be my home , the directing and concepting workshop will be the university .

what do you think guys of this , he allready have a .com site but i would prefer to make it un-public for now for some reasons , bought the sybex book of animation to learn animation , what other books do you suggest to make some simple animations of cartoon , boy , birds , etc ... , with simple animation cycles such as walking runing etc .... ?

The characters of the film will follow this style , cartoonish dolls ^_^ ...

iron+kid+4.jpg

Example :- ally from iron kid

i got the cartoonsmart animation tutorials too and i'm learning ^_^ ....

the director have the scenario ready for now , and we are cleaning it and roughing it ...

thanks in advance , Dhia el khawaldeh .

Replies