Home General Discussion

Playstation Home Beta

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Good... I was thinking of reviving this too since I just got my PS3. So far Home has been extremely buggy for me, with long load times as you explained Rick. For one thing, they know everyone will need the central plaza. Why not download it automatically? Why does it wait until I try to go out my door?
    Other problems I've seen:
    *My furniture disappears
    *When I go to a doorway, sometimes my screen just blurs, but no load box comes up... and nothing ever loads... eventually just tells me I have a network error (this happens often)
    *People were somehow able to float?
    *I would click OK to interact with items (like the arcade games) and nothing would happen. I eventually learn to repeatedly try and it would eventually work

Aside from those problems, I found it in general to be useless. There aren't enough places to visit. The places that are there, serve no purpose (check out the farcry 2 section to see just how useless it can be). Because the male to female ratio is 90:1, every woman that enters the scene is suddenly assaulted with guys trying to grind on them. The player design system was missing many basic options, which I found were for purchase later. Why can't I have normal looking glasses from the start? Or a full mustache/goatee? The Theater only had one video(trailer) playing over and over again.

Like Rick said, I'll wait for a month or so, then try it again. I was kind of expecting some exclusive content, or neat little interactive type of games. Bowling is about as interesting as it may get, but the lanes were always full.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Because the male to female ratio is 90:1, every woman that enters the scene is suddenly assaulted with guys trying to grind on them.

sounds like perfect time to quincy to me :)

i never managed to log in to home - getting all sorts of network errors and having to click away the stupid EULA a hundred times - so i uninstalled it a while ago and never so far experienced it's greatness. consider me deeply saddened.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    nice link thomasp! hehee
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    hawken wrote: »
    I have to start getting out of this... I bought little big world because it's made in the UK. I take great pleasure in ranting to people about that.

So that was you on the No.14 bus then was it?:poly124: