Home Technical Talk

newbie needs help =)

armagon9177
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
armagon9177 polycounter lvl 18
sup guys,

i have been working on a 100 percent custom multiplayer map for UT2004. right now i'm trying to get a single material id setup for for a rocky cavern type mesh to sit outside windows to give the illusion that the level is inside rock.

my problem is that my mapping coordinates are not being saved in my ASE file and unreal ed applies the material differently. i created a multi-subobject material in max, set all the faces to material channel/ID 1. my mesh is setup correctly with all faces set to material id 1 as well. i've tried a UVW unwrap, UVW modifier and it will not retain that information.

i've always been a good artist but technical aspects are difficult for me sometimes. is there anything i could be missing? i've been through a few tutorials but my texture comes in all screwed up. any help would be greatly appreciated as its holding back the project. i know its likely something really simple i'm just missing. thanks in advance, great community here.

Replies

• Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    If everything is sharing 1 texture, as far as I can remember you don't need to use a multi-sub. Also, make sure you actually have a 2d texture applied to your object when exporting.

Never forget ye' old ResetXForm, as well as adding an Edit Poly / Unwrap UVW / Collapse stack before exporting.

Man, I miss 2004. That engine was AWESOME!

/sarcasm