Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ghost-d sculpting practice

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
Howdy!

It´s been quite a long time since my last post here on polycount. Well, I´ve been trying to earn some skills in ZBrush lately, so I´d like to dedicate this thread to my sculptings. Here´s my latest stuff:
xporthead01pf0.png

This one´s still WIP and I´m going to come back to this eventually:
xporthead02qp2.png

Head for my samurai sculpture (the ears need a bit of tweaking). The rest of the body (mostly armour) is almost done too, so I should post the whole figure soon:
xporthead03hx2.png

xportheadssubdivseo2.png

Right now I´m working on some solid body basemesh to start working on some more complex sculptings.

Looking forward to crits and comments, and see you with update soon!

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    excellent work, really like these.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    orionburcham, MikeF - thank you, fellas.

As I said in my earlier post, I´ve had the body/armor of the samurai quite finished. So here are some screenshots:
    xportsamurai01ko6.png
    I´m not quite satisfied with the overall look right now, because at first the upper part of the body looked better than the lower one, so I tryed to improve it and now the lower part seems a lot better to me...

Anyway... I felt like I need to work on some organics again and seeing Selwy´s excellent "Disunion" project really pushed me to give it a shot. So I made me a basemesh and here´s what I´ve got so far:
    xportmale01ma7.png
    It´s more like a test of the basemesh (legs need one or two more loops...)I didn´t spend that much time on this and right now I´m just on 4th subdivision with like 150k polys, so real detailing is still about to come.

See you later with updates!
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inspired by one of many Warhammer conceptual pictures:
    generalhipolywipfk9.jpg
    I´m also going to make a separate thread for this fella, because I kinda started texturing it and I´d like to get some crits aso...

And here´s a test of redone basemesh. Well, at least the head...
    girl01jg4.jpg
    Didn´t spend a lot of time around the ear, but I´m going to. I´m very satisfied with the way the face looks right now.
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    i love how you placed the plates in the lamellar on slightly different angles for maximum awesome.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    nice forms on the warhammer character, he has a solid ass-kicking feel to him. Nice anatomy studies too!
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you guys!
    I´ll be showing progress on the general here:
    http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=60408

I just don´t want to spam both threads with same stuff.