Home General Discussion

image host probs....

fritz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
fritz polycounter lvl 18
i never post....and i'd figure i'd post some older models while workin on new ones just for feedback. i screenprint from max viewport....paste into pshop....save as jpeg and all is good. but when i upload to imageshack and then preview in the polycount post the image is slightly blurry. is this an imageshack thing? should i look for a new host? any recommendations?

haha. maybe i need glasses.....ugh.

Replies

• pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    fritz wrote: »
    i never post....and i'd figure i'd post some older models while workin on new ones just for feedback. i screenprint from max viewport....paste into pshop....save as jpeg and all is good. but when i upload to imageshack and then preview in the polycount post the image is slightly blurry. is this an imageshack thing? should i look for a new host? any recommendations?

haha. maybe i need glasses.....ugh.

Got link?

If it's something really polished and you want to keep the best resolution, perhaps Flickr or Picassa photogallery.

Photobucket is what I use for quick loads of images but they love to resize.
  • ae.
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    dude i would use photobucket.com its awesome ive been using it since i was in highschool never had a problem!
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Photobucket is superior, though the free access limits size to 1024x768.
  • Uly
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Photobucket is pretty ace. No problems on my end, though the site has become kinda cluttered as of late.
  • Snowfly
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah most of these image hosting sites put a clamp on image dimensions, so they're great for pimping and bad for archiving. I've set up a separate gmail account just for that.

Oh, and I 4th the photobucket vote.