Home Technical Talk

Any Woman Base meshes

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
seforin polycounter lvl 17
Are there any examples online of women base meshs? I want to create a woman base mesh for myself/// work right now for the next thing im working on but im wondering if there good examples of base mesh's for women as far as edge flow for the chest area, any examples would be appreciated.

heres examples of the base mesh im using right now perhaps even a draw over of what you would suggest to fix//change to make it a woman base mesh :p

(5 bucks to the first person who draws boobs)

basemesh.jpg

Replies

• Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    I think most people's priorities as far as basemeshes go is maintaining a versatile grid-like topology and optionally setting up basic form and weight. I think you're best off leaving it without the extra definition.

If you have any points that have more than 4 edges connected to them in that area, it can lead to a small amount of pinching. Plus if you get too explicit it's hard to deviate from it.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    this would totally work for a woman, no need to change anything

but maybe you could revise the shoulder region a bit, it kinda blends to much into the upper arm, but thats just a thing for human like characters in general
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the lowres from the model im working on atm.

Its an older base i made, and as you can see, i dotted out the problem spots.
    Now while sculpting i dont really notice them, but try to avoid those.

Also the amount of polys in the face is 2x much as overal. Not a real problem but less preferable.
    As far as sculpting boobs goes, this one works fine with me...

Ill refine this one soon and put it up.

lufiabase.jpg
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    hmm I was told my mesh currently would work for female meshes but I want to have a "woman ready" mesh made for both men and women in my folder. So there really is no real need for any sort of breast/geo or anything in that matter?

also Neox: can you draw over what you mean about the shoulder area?
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've a male and female one kicking around if you like...

Male
    Female
  • Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    You could try the free MakeHuman program. You modify a human and export an OBJ of it.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I think Rens exemple is spot on, look no further. Even if any basemesh can be turned into a male or a female, having a sense of femalesness (c) will prevent many pitfalls when sculpting (ie sculpting a 12y old boy body with boobs)

Now do it!