Home Technical Talk

Hi there Im new

Hi I am Sneblot (aka Ben) I am really in to my pixel art and I am beginning to use 3D Studio Max with the idea of making low poly characters to start off with moving in to higher detailed enviroments and charater modling later on. I hope to be of help to people who are newer then me once my skills have increased.
Thanks for taking time to read this little intro.

So question 1.
madPXL wrote: »
megaman_tex.png

Is this a texter map?

Is there a certain layout I should stick to?

How do I use this with 3DS Max?

If you can answer these questions please post them or a link to a tutorial thanks.

Sneblot

P.s.
Is there anything else I need to know which I haven't though of?

Replies

• sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    that is a texture yes... you need to model something first and then unwrap it so that you can make a flat texture for it. You can lay it out however you like as long as it makes use of the space efficiently.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    i would suggest looking at the tutorials over at 3dtotal.com they helped me alot when i started out:)
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    yup :) 3dtotal.com is a good place to start.
    Go through these tutorials most definitely:-
    1) Low poly game model by Athey M.
    2) Joan of arc tutorial
    3) swordmaster 3dtotal tutorial
    4) that dobby and mad-eye moody tutorial by one of my favourite artists, julain mortimer

To be honest, you would have been better off looking through google than starting a thread. (remember, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND)
    good luck :)
  • Sneblot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib wrote: »
    yup :) 3dtotal.com is a good place to start.
    Go through these tutorials most definitely:-
    1) Low poly game model by Athey M.
    2) Joan of arc tutorial
    3) swordmaster 3dtotal tutorial
    4) that dobby and mad-eye moody tutorial by one of my favourite artists, julain mortimer

To be honest, you would have been better off looking through google than starting a thread. (remember, GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND)
    good luck :)

Thanks for the tutorial list. I did try google but I wasn't sure extacterly what I was looking for so it would come up with some very unhelpfull results. But now I know I can go ahead and look. Cheers for everyone's help.