Home Technical Talk

I think I broke Max's keyboard shortcuts

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
The past couple of day's whenever I've started up Max2008, I've found my keyboard and Quads setups reset to the default settings.
I'd saved out a file with my settings for both before the problems occurred, but after a little while the keyboard settings will revert to default, and reimporting my settings doesn't fix it.

The computers at my school have a similar issue; and I created a model on them and brought it home, and that's when the problems started.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure you are not hitting the keyboard shortcut overide button by mistake. Sometimes toggling it on and off even if it looks like its off will fix it.
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think that was it. I've been using it for a couple hours now and it hasn't changed at all. Thanks Vig!
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Huh. Okay, that didn't do it
    I just started up Max and all my keyboard shortcuts are changed again, in addition to it not changing my shortcuts when I load the .kbd files.

Oddly though, my quadmenu's haven't been changed

EDIT: Interesting. The problem has now extended to max not responding to keyboard inputs relating to the viewport at all.
    I can hit alt-v or alt-f to access the mentu's at the top, but if I try to activate the move or scale tools, or rotate the viewport, it doesn't respond at all.
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know why, but I stopped having the problem on my home computer a couple weeks ago, and I think I've discovered a work around for my school computers.

First importing the quad menu settings, then importing the keyboard settings seems to bypass the shortcuts getting wiped out, then you being unable to set them anyway but manually.