Home Technical Talk

A little help for newbie here

Hey guys, im following a tutorial from my professor and im kind stuck. we are using a symmetry modifier and going through box modeling. now, all has gone well till i started to follow along on the head. apparently my line of symmetry is biased more to the left. as you can see below, how can i correct this so when im moving the edges of the face i dont get some weird shape? sorry for the big picture. my model is on the left.

ftj76h.jpg

Replies

• tiki240
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Personally I hate the yellow/orange Cage display, I always turn that off (Subdivision Surface rollout, Show Cage checkbox). If you're using Symmetry set to Slice & Weld, the overlap doesn't matter. And when Show Cage is off, it's hidden too.

But if you need to fix it... go into Border sub-object, select the seam border, then in the Edit Geometry rollout hit the X button next to Make Planar. Flattens it. To move to X=0, right click on the Move tool in the top toolbar, make sure the transform center is on Use Selection Center (the icon with the two gray bars and the red dot between them), and type 0 in the X field.