Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Outskirts - Level

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey, I love the update to your website; you have been busy huh?

Anyways, really impressive work. I think if you could turn out another scene or two with this kind of quality your portfolio would be pretty ideal really. I'm surprised you don't like level design much because you have such a good handle on unreal engine 3.

Really Nice job man!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys.

Its not that I "hate" level design, it's the fact that I love working with people instead of just myself to toss ideas around, I have MUCH to learn before I can call myself a "Level Designer".

2 more levels / scenes sound like a great idea man, I think I have the second one in mind... so I'm just gonna have to do some research to make sure it tangible.

Thanks Ged, I think the third scene I will do (or something along those lines) will be stylized, I miss that kinda work a lot, it's just I know a lot of people are more interested in how well I know current tech, but I really want to get back to some more stylized work... I MISS IT!

Thanks again guys, all your feedback has really helped me (hopefully) grow as an artist, so it means a lot.

Do you guys think the video should be on the top (where it is now) or the bottom (under the images) ? I don't know if its intrusive or not.
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    great work man.
    Donno how it plays, but visually it looks neat.
    The video looks cool to me as being on top cause it is the most attractive part imo.

btw, i was in the frantic games team the same time as u did ;) Remember Canadian paratroopers :) ?
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm... its been so long since we worked on that man, I can't say I remember you :( I should though cause your recent work is really realllllyy good.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    nice stuff dude
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yeah, keep the video on the top. I like everything as you have it atm.