M3102.jpg

M31Render1.jpg

M31Render2.jpg

thnx

Replies

• itsover3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's what im calling the finished product there may be some things im missing so if theres is please tell me :P

M31-1.jpg

M3102-1.jpg

M31Render12.jpg

M31Render23.jpg
  • Squirmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squirmy polycounter lvl 17
    I would get rid of the loops on the stock they dont add to the shape. You could remove the inner part of the barrel, this would probably be textured. The trigger guard looks a little thick, but im not looking at any refrence, and you dont need the edges down the center of the trigger guard do you?

Post a perspective shot looking down the sights. Thats the most important view when looking at a game model of a gun.
  • maltuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think its off to a good start. I see some polygons that have more than 4 sides, and there could be some edge loop reductions in places. Are you planning to texture it?
  • Dante1217
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks pretty good, but you forgot the sights ^_-
  • itsover3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright I removed those edges and I shaved off quite a few polies thnx

As for plans on the texture i'd love to but i dont know how to texture worth crap I can sort of unwrap the model if you guys have any tutorials that would help I would greatly appreciate it

Heres are some more pics:

M31Render234.jpg

M3103.jpg

I noticed one or two extra things on the model after I took the pictures so its down to 411 polys now

and how can I fix that edge going down the middle?
    thnx
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    it's over 3,000!!

weird, this fps view removed the vertical edges on the stock, are they still there?

make sure its center verts on the stock are welded together, there could be a split in the geo there.

also, check ur smoothing groups.

understand how smoothing groups work and how to assign them efficiently. they have a big say it your model looking like shit in-game or not. i'm looking at the faces on the top of the receiver and inside the trigger guard.