Home General Discussion

Dead Space

Replies

• indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    back button on the 360 controller, then hit the LB once. that should bring u to inventory screen

probably similar for the ps3.

reached ch. 4
    gettin nicer as it goes.
    ran out of bullets at one point lol.. freaky shit
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Ah yeah, I completely forgot about the inventory, cheers.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I just finished the game, 9.5 hours for me. I thought it was pretty awesome all the way through, except some of the plot stuff was like fix this,ok now go unblock that blah blah, felt kinda forced. like a convenient sequence of events. also, towards the end they just seemed to toss hordes of enemies at you which kinda was frustrating, but not scary.

I really liked the environment of the final chapter, hope to see it expanded upon in dead space 2 whenever it comes along. and the final cut scene was pretty cool. great game. now onto fallout :P
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I should be getting my copy for the 360 tomorrow. Looking forward to a good shoot 'em up.
  • ViPr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViPr polycounter lvl 17
    am i the only one that thinks that the monsters don't appear slimy possibly because of what i mentioned earlier in this thread.
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Theres a pretty interesting presentation from the art director of Dead Space up here:

http://www.aeropause.com/2008/08/dead-space-art-direction-presentation/

Focuses mostly on environment stuff but you shouldn't let that put you off ;)
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Completed the game now, I thought the final chapter was fantastic. Whilst it certainly got less scary towards the end due to the army of necromorphs, it was still awesome for a limbless bloodbath to insue.
    The boss and ending are definately one of the most satisfying in comparison to the majority of games I've played at late :)

Still plenty of deliberate story to uncover/explain/expand.
    Can't wait for DS2! \o/
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just finished the game.
    i agree that the game becomes a lot less frightening as we play through. the enemies become predictable, and when its just hordes of em, u arent really scared anymore. stasis a pack of em, and shoot off their limbs.
    the 'twists' in the game werent all that twisty. i figured most of them out as they came. nicole was obviously dead. what makes me think so? the way she was talking. the things she seemed to care about more than isaac. also, from what i recall, she was pretty clean considering somebody who was in that mess for so long. also, it was pretty clear that 'the closer u get to the marker, the clearer the hallucinations are.' that being said, how come u only see her when ur practically above / below / right next to the rock.
    the only thing that shocked me was the infected body in the shuttle at the very end of the game. it leaves quite a few questions, but i'll guess that theres a bigger hive mind that controls hive minds, and takes over when a hive mind dies / has to be replaced.

kendra's allegiance was also pretty predictable for me. her words were very 'structured.' so:
    good job script writer! lol

one thing that really ticked me off is the fact that isaac doesnt talk at all. his wife / gf was just a few inches in front of him, and there were no words, no hugs, no nothing. that ruined the immersion for me a lot.

it was an amazing game, no doubt.
    first survival horror game that i genuinely liked, no joke.
    cant wait for DS2. will hopefully fill some holes up, and add to the 'omfg awesome creativity for t3h ali3n des!gn' which i loved

anybody have any theories for the weird, unexplained things in the game?
    any questions?

might be interesting to discuss

EDIT:
    just realized sommin really cool in the chapter names lol
    N ew Arrivals
    I ntensive Care
    C ourse Correction
    O bliteration Imminent
    L ethal Devotion
    E nvironmental Hazard

I nto the Void
    S earch and Rescue

D ead on Arrival
    E nd of Days
    A lternate Solutions
    D ead Space
  • j_bradford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_bradford polycounter lvl 17
    Just beat it this past weekend. Wow, totally kicked ass. Could be game of the year for me.
  • Unleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    hah that chapter thing is a really nice find indian_boy!